Monday 28 January 2013

Final Magazine Title

HAVOC

I have chosen this title for my final magazine as the word "Havoc" can be interpreted in many different ways which allows me to create my own connotations for the word and relate the word to my genre and therefore appealing to the target audience. When in the process of choosing the title, I decided early on that I wanted the word to be no more than five letters long as I believe the shorter the word, the more catchy and memorable the title will be. With this is mind, I brainstormed several possible names for the title and amongst these were Shift, Maelstrom, Chaos but I thought they were a bit too cliche and cheesy so I opted for Havoc.  

One of the reasons this word appealed to me was that it completely contradicts the layout and colour scheme of my magazine as I wish the magazine to be simplistic and minimal in terms of font, cover lines and colour schemes particularly on the front cover. I have used a title that contradicts the magazine before in my magazine construction with use of the title "Amok" and I thought that worked well so I have continued this theme onto my final magazine. 

My main inspiration for the choice of this name would be Clash Magazine as I think this title is memorable and distinctive with many possible interpretations. The layout and style of the magazine itself is also something I will keep in mind when designing my final magazine as I like the way the covers usually consist of only one artist with minimal cover lines and this is something I would like to achieve with my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment