Wednesday 30 January 2013

Audience Research

Upon completion of my audience profile, I would like to generalise the groups of people that would buy my magazine and find out the stereotypes of the group's interests, music tastes and lifestyles. Although I already have a pretty good idea of what these are, I would like to reinforce my knowledge of this and possibly learn new stereotypes. To do this, i used the UKtribes website which gives an insight to different groups of people and some of these are groups are ones that would possibly be interested in buying my magazine.

One group featured on UKtribes I believe will be interested in my magazine would be the "Hipster" group from the "Indie Scenesters" section. This is mainly down to the music taste the website has described them of having which is new, emerging and unheard off artists and bands. My magazine will include these artists which not many pre-existing magazines currently do. This is what will attract this 'group'.

Another 'group' my magazine may attract from this website could potentially be the "Trendies". It states on the website that this group have a lot of money and enjoy to spend it on fashion and music. It also states that they are constantly on the look out for new music of all genres. This is perfect for my magazine as the slightly higher price of £4 for a monthly issue will be easily afforded by this 'tribe' and as they are looking around for new music a lot of the time, they will be intrigued by what my magazine has to offer in that area. As this 'tribe' are also interested in fashion, they will be drawn towards my magazine as my magazine is also going to include articles on fashion.

It is these two groups that I am predominantly aiming the magazine at as a lot of the content will appeal to them more than other groups because of similar interests and tastes but I also wish to attract a variety of different people from all 'groups' to broaden my audience.




No comments:

Post a Comment